CSR Generation Instructions
The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on Plesk 10. To learn more about CSRs and the importance of your private key, reference our Overview of Certificate Signing Request article.If you already generated the CSR and received your trusted SSL certificate, reference our SSL Installation Instructions and disregard the steps below.
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel.
- Select Hosting Services and click Domains.
- Click Control Panel next to the domain the request is for.
- Select Websites & Domains and click SSL Certificates.
Note: For securing multiple domains, click Manage next to the appropriate domains before proceeding to Step 5.
- Click Add SSL Certificate.
- Enter a Certificate Name which is a friendly name for your internal reference only; it’s not a part of your actual SSL certificate.
Note: A good naming format is "Domain Name (Years of Validity)", which helps you easily identify the certificate in your control panel and when it expires.
- Select a Bit Size of 2048 (recommend) or higher.
- Select your Country.
- Enter in the following CSR details:
- Country: The official two-letter country code (i.e. US, CH) where your organization is legally incorporated.
- State or Province: The state or province where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Location: The locality or city where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Organization Name: The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Department: Your department such as 'Information Technology' or 'Website Security.'
- Domain Name: The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.google.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Email Address: The email address of the certificate requestor or site admin.
- Click Request to create the CSR.
- Under SSL Certificates, click the Certificate Name you choose to view the CSR.
- Copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
- Return to the Generation Form on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.
Upon generating your CSR, your order will enter the validation process with the issuing Certificate Authority (CA) and require the certificate requester to complete some form of validation depending on the certificate purchased. For information regarding the different levels of the validation process and how to satisfy the industry requirements, reference our validation articles.
After you complete the validation process and receive the trusted SSL Certificate from the issuing Certificate Authority (CA), proceed with the next step using our SSL Installation Instructions for Plesk v10.