DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate is generally provisioned on a secure USB token and mailed to the organization's physical mailing address. Once you receive your EV Code Signing token, there are some additional steps you'll need to take to set up your certificate and start signing code.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to contact our support team to retrieve the password for your EV Code Signing certificate.
Install SafeNetAuthentication Client
1. Download Safenet Authentication Client. You will need this software to register your EV Code Signing token on your PC.
2. In SafeNet Authentication Client Setup, on the Welcome to Safenet Authentication Client Installation Wizard page, click Next to begin the software installation process.
3. On the Interface Language page, in the drop-down list, pick a language for the interface and then click Next.
4. On the License Agreement page, read through the license agreement, select I accept the license agreement, and then click Next.
5. On the Destination Folder page, choose where you want to install the SafeNet Authentication Client and then click Next.
6. On the Setup Type page, select Typical for the installation type and then click Next.
7. On The wizard is ready to begin installation page, click Install. It may take a few minutes to install the software.
8. On the SafeNet Authentication Client has been successfully installed page, click Finish to exit SafeNet Authentication Client Setup. You have successfully installed the SafeNet Client Software.
Activate Your EV Code Signing Hardware
1. To activate your EV Code Signing device, you will need to contact our support team by chat or ticket (email [email protected]) and request the initialization token.
2. Once we have provided your initialization token, you can plug in your EV Code Signing USB and run SafeNet Authentication Client.
3. In the SafeNet Authentication Client Tools window, click Change Token Password.
4. On the Change Password Token page, in the Current Token Password box, enter the password that support provided.
5. In the New Token Password and Confirm Password boxes, create and confirm your new token password.
6. Click OK.
You are ready to begin signing your code with your DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate.